Free Web Hosting | free host | Free Web Space | BlueHost Review


(34) - Laufenburg/Rhine

Laufenburg:

Until 1801 one town on the river Rhine, only after the Lunévillier-Treaty of 1801 the city is divided, the right bank is separated from the Reich and the left bank joins the new founded Swiss canton Aargau (AG) in 1803.
From 1805 until November 1930 the German part is called Kleinlaufenburg (="Litttle Laufenburg"), since then it has been officially named Laufenburg (Baden).

Info:

D-79725 Laufenburg (Baden)
8300 inhabitans
Landkreis Waldhut, State of Baden Württemberg

CH-5080 Laufenburg
Canton Aargau in Switzerland

Laufenburg (D)
Laufenburg (CH)
[Webmaster is not responsible for the contents of the external links, nor the results that might arise from opening them.]

   Laufenburg:

View from Laufenplatz (=Laufensquare) towards the bridge and towards the historic town centre of the German part.

  Laufenburg:

The Rhine is the border and we see the German place name board.

Laufenburg:

Same name, yet on the other sidewalk of the bridge, the corresponding Swiss place name. The "AG" is an abbreviation and indicates the Canton Aargau.

Laufenburg:

View from the town-hall balcony on the German side, over the Rhine and to the Swiss side with Catholic St. John's church on the little hill.

Laufenburg:

When leaving Swiss Laufenburg (CH), we directly arrive in a German town with the same name. Small checkpoint building on the right.

   Laufenburg:

At the Inn directly opposite the bridge on the German side, the German Federal coat of arms plus a board informing the opening hours of the checkpoint can be found.

Laufenburg:

Standing in the middle of the bridge and enjoying a view of the Rhine (valley).


BK June 2002

back to the mainpage/ zurück zur Startseite